Tuesday, March 8, 2011

UNIONS CONTINUE TO DAMAGE THEIR CAUSE: Just A Minute Radio for Tuesday 1103908

Well, Spring was here… and then went away. 

 

I continue to look for snow – and I see it in over in Afghanistan, up in the high mid-west – out west and up in the north country – but down here we escaped (knod-knock) with a comparatively mild winter (thus far… I’ll write that and a Vermont ‘norther’ will come swooping down on us.  Just remember the folks that are seriously thinking about throwing their hat in the ring have got a whole spring, summer, winter and the whole she-bang all over again before the election of 2012. 

 

Some folks are gonna get *very* tired of all this – but then maybe some won’t.  Some will want to ‘clean house’ so bad they can hardly stand it. I don’t think I’m going to be able to maintain that level of dedication till then.  But – for the election addict… it’s in his blood and bones. He hardly finishes with one contest till the next one blossoms.

 

Speaking of blossoms… looks like so far we’re in for a good spring and an even better summer.

 

So… first reminder for the weekend… it’s a little early in the week to be writing yourself a sticky note and putting it on the fridge…. But – well you never know.

 

And I’m so sorry to report we found out my wife’s “Little Friend” with which we were trying to make her literate (computerwise) has had some kind of internal failure and we have to take it to the computer hospital or whatever. I’ve never managed to make full friends with it.  In fact the keyboard to this new desk top I had to buy during the last calendar year… I’ve never quite managed to be comfortable with it.  The previous one keeps coming back to my finger’s memory.

 

Some of the keys are placed slightly different by a fraction of a millimeter or so…just enough for my fingers to miss hitting the key squarely… and then having to go back and repeat the sentence. 

 

I think I could have used a bottle of horse lineament back there on the early part of this line… I had to back up three times.  BUT I am really grateful I don’t have to white-out a mistake…and then another and another…I guess I just never really perfected my touch typing.  And boy am I glad that multiple copies achieved cia using carbon paper… that was a pain…

 

That’s why I didn’t do spectacularly well – when my mother poured so much love into me making me take piano…(and dancing blush,blush) and typing later… and learning to ride a bike… and Dad doing his best to teach me to swim…. But I never even got moderately good at it until ‘Scout Camp.’  Brr… that mountain stream was cold….. even in the summer… I remember thinking Cave Mt. Lake was like swimming in soup compared….

 

There I am off in the weeds again… Stick with us… if you can we’re just sort of strolling along – love to have your company.

 

Cordially, IN HIM

 

Jack

 

 

“JUST A MINUTE”

UNIONS CONTINUE TO DAMAGE THEIR CAUSE

            Just a Minute: -- You’ve heard all about public employee union leaders demanding outlandish salaries, impossible pensions now creating our national financial crisis. 

          It happens I was forced to join a writers union back in the sixties when I sold some radio scripts to CBS’s “Suspense” series. No questions… just do it… dues automatically deducted -- and the benefit? A pension of 12 cents a month for life -- after turning 65. 

          New York City’s school system makes it difficult to terminate unsatisfactory teachers so they end up warehousing them in a Manhattan office building where they sit doing nothing but collecting their wages. These abuses are perpetrated on taxpayers in states without ‘right to work’ laws.

          As a Christian, I know God ultimately will bring HIS justice to bear. What is difficult is the ignorance and sloth inflicted on children who get an insufficient education plus poor care in the classrooms. I see our job as parents and citizens is to grasp the opportunities provided by the Lord to show HIS love and pray for His grace. I’m confident HE *will* answer our prayers.

          <> I’m Jack Buttram           (END)

Jebco Editorial Service

www.wmuu.com

E-mail n4zhk@arrl.net

 

 

Delayed Audio Link

 

 

No comments: