Sunday, March 6, 2011

JAM elements for Monday 110307

Hello there… have a nice weekend… it was wet, windy and warm enough Sunday afternoon… turning cooler…

 

PROMOLINE FOR Monday 11O307: We’re headed into the tunnel… it’s going to be black for a few days – I think – but eventually everyone will tire of the game and it’ll be over… So… JUST A MINUTE Radio today will give you some things to think about in settling out this problem which will shortly be spreading across the nation. 94.5 is the place on the FM dial you want to stick to for WMUU-FM we’ll be there at (time) today for more to say on the subject of Friends or Bullies.

 

Cordially, IN HIM

 

Jack

 

“JUST A MINUTE”

WITH FRIENDS LIKE THESE – WHO NEEDS ENEMIES?

            Just a Minute: -- Saturday’s Wall Street Journal carried Peggy Noonan’s column under the headline Public Unions Get too ‘Friendly’ – I say – “With friends like this – who needs enemies?”  I’m not anti-teachers or anti - Peggy Noonan. I am anti-bullies, and pro ‘good education.’

          When I was a school kid, I remember John L. Lewis – President of the United Mine Workers – on the front page of the paper which I carried beginning at five each morning – threatening the annual strike of coal miners, usually each July or August. It always made me wonder if we’d end up freezing in the coming winter.

          I just remember Lewis’s menacing eyebrows – and I shivered. -- I’m guessing elementary school kids are shivering these days – especially in ‘Wisconsin’ – wondering what’s goin’ on?

          This isn’t a contest between legislatures and governors – it’s about power and who’s got it. The education unions, weak legislative administrators have trapped kids into grown-up’s problems. Parents, legislators, educators, and voters can fix it with attention, prayer and effort – please be listening tomorrow. 

          <> I’m Jack Buttram           (END)

Jebco Editorial Service

www.wmuu.com

E-mail n4zhk@arrl.net

 

 

Delayed Audio Link

 

 

 

No comments: