Monday, March 21, 2011

REPORT ON THE LIBYAN STATUS IN NORTH AFRICA -- Just a Minute Radio for Monday 110321

Hello on a busy (already) Monday –

 

Well the reason we’re busy is it’s a crazy news time.  I don’t mean it doesn’t involve tragedy – certainly the Japanese Tsunami will be marked down as one of the great tragedies of the 21st I Century.  I sort of lost in memory now with some of the things I remember – but I don’t remember dates too well… (Actually rather badly. I know certain surgeries I’ve had… but when???)

 

Anyway – having TWO major, continuing stories involving loss of lifecontinuing loss of life – like a war and an earthquake – it sort of pushes almost all the other stuff off the table.  Even the problems we’re having with our government… Wisconsin legislature all frozen up… can’t get things done.  Add to it the medical cases that are serious and must be taken care of… or what about the economic crisis… Do we have another one… are we coming out of this one…

 

All of it adds up.  You  know what it makes me think of?  Actually it makes me think of my Bible.  Why?  Well I helped a friend – an artist friend whose name is Bob and he was/is very talented both writing and art – particularly graphics I recall – He was just a whiz…

 

He was also a very good businessman… anyway I helped him straighten out some Bible stories he needed to have help with for a family Bible being published – he was sort of the coordinator on that job.  I was happy to have the assignment – and part of what I got out of it was a copy of another Bible project he had… it was quite popular called the “Open Bible” and he asked me if I’d like to have a copy… You can guess my answer… It had a cover made of ‘glazed Water Buffalo’ – and I’ve really liked that Bible. It’s a reasonable size – with a wonderful topical index… some maps and a generous concordance to find those difficult words.

 

I also had a friend – a college roommate and we had some adventures… we were/are (I think) of different temperament and interests – but I found him a good friend and one day as we took turns day by day having a little devotional time – he read a verse from Ps 116 – verse 6… It’s simple and I remember the conversation we had about it.

 

            THE LORD PRESERVETH THE SIMPLE: I WAS BROUGHT LOW AND HE HELPED ME. Ps. 116:6 (KJV)

 

His name was also Bob – and he was a performer – a radio actor and a morning show host – and he was pretty good. We tried to get in the service at the same time. I went for the Navy he tried the Marines.  Neither of us made it – on the first try – eventually he lost some weight and they took him. (I could never pass their blood pressure requirements – so I didn’t (L). 

 

Anyway both of my friends named Bob have had family problems… I don’t know where either one is right now. But I do know they have a book that tells them where to look for help.  I just pray they’ve continued to look in that book.  And I still pray for both of them.  I’m confident the Lord hears my prayers – and answers.

 

There are lots of troubles in this old world… right now we’re looking first at Japan and then at LibyaLot’s of problems.  But God is in control and effective in each place. I stick with the second part of that verse. “I was brought low and He (God) helped me.”  You really can’t have a better deal than that – all you have to do is act on it.  That would be the same for our Nation – and our friends. 

 

I’ll ask a personal question – Have you told anyone else about it?  I have (I just told you!) and I recommend it highly.

 

God bless you today.  Keep looking to HIM.

 

Cordially, IN HIM

 

Jack

 

“JUST A MINUTE”

REPORT ON THE LIBYAN STATUS IN NORTH AFRICA

          Just a Minute: -- Most observers are surprised to find unexpected allies in cutting down the Gadhafi-lead air strikes in North Africa. This report includes information up to around 4AM Eastern European time today.

          It appears France, Britain and Egypt backed the U.N. no-fly Zone but not like Gadhafi proposed Friday and immediately broke it, However, allied forces emphasize they wish to stay within U.N. limits -- centering “no-fly” efforts on halting the slaughter of North African civilians and not primarily aiming to depose the Libyan dictator in power for 40 years.

          The Arab league added its “go ahead,” but almost immediately withdrew it – possibly wanting to dampen Arab criticism because Libyan elections may have to come soon.

          That situation may change even before we get this on the air – but news reports from Admiral Mike Mullen -- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs – says the practical no-fly stricture is already in place – and “American built” planes and missiles have been actively involved since early Saturday.

          We’ll try to keep the picture in focus for you.     <> I’m Jack Buttram. (END)

Jebco Editorial Service

www.wmuu.com

E-mail n4zhk@arrl.net

 

 

Delayed Audio Link

 

 

 

No comments: