Wednesday, November 26, 2008

WHAT WE ARE THANKFUL FOR - Just A Minute for Wednesday 11-26-08

Howdy Folks…

 

Almost Turkey time. But we’ve already had two helpings… Oh well… just a *little* bit more.  This is a rather perplexing time of year. I wish we could slice off a bit of the anticipation and move it over into January when we seem to be lacking much to look forward to.

 

I keep proposing we do away with January. Among other things it would eliminate my birthday and so – dividing my age by 4 I’d come out in my late teens… Well… I don’t know if I want to go *that* far back. But getting back to Jack Benny’s favorite age – “39 and holding” would be pleasant if we didn’t have to go through all the intermediate illnesses again. Once is enough… But eliminating one January and replacing it with another June might be a nice swap. J

 

Tomorrow’s a big day. I always feel sorry for my wife. She cannot resist having a Thanksgiving Dinner…and then we need to have as much family as we can assemble – and this year it’s going to be a bit sparse with some in HI – some in WV and even the ones in SC have ‘other family obligations’ this year. So…it’s often feast or fast.  This year we’ll have four – no five family (I almost forgot a grandchild she’s so grown up now) and a couple of less fortunate kids who don’t have other family to go to.  We should have a good day. And then there’s the lefovers… and the clean-up. I resolve to be a BIG help.

 

I’ll be here tomorrow – even if it’s not live. But we pray you have a Blessed Thanksgiving--join us for our traditional Thanksgiving one minute version of ‘THE LANDING OF THE PILGRIMS’ at the usual times tomorrow.  We love to have you drop by here at 94.5 on the FM dial for the whole day.

 

Cordially, IN HIM

 

Jack

 

http://www.jebcovoice.net/audio/jama11-26-08.mp3

 

http://www.jebcovoice.net/scripts/jamt11-26-08.doc

 

 

“JUST A MINUTE”

WHAT WE ARE THANKFUL FOR

MizP:  Jist a Minit – Homer, whut’s the news frum Warshington?

Homer– Well I ain’t heered direc from th’ Office of the Prezidint Elec. Yet.

BB: They ain’t a-tellin’ yew whut they want yew ta' do?

MizP: Now Billie … this is Playfair -- hit’s Thanksgivin’ – an that’s Warshington.

BB: Yeah but hit ain’t perlite ta' keep a feller on tenter hooks …

Homer: I ain’t heered nothin’ yet ‘cept he wants me ta' hep with gittin these extra Senaters

               elected.

BB: He does huh?

MizP: He don’t want yew ta' come up air b’fore Thanksgivin’?

Homer: No… he jist needs more money fer ta' finish up ‘lectin Senaters in

               Georgia an Minnesota.

BB: We’s anxisous to know what you’re a-gonna be  doin?

Homer: Ah’m goin’ over ta' Momma’s fer Thanksgivin’.

MizP: O course you are –

BB: We jist wants to know if’n you gonna be in th’ Eisenhower building, er…

Homer: Georgia I thank – huh huh...Ah thank he needs…  money.

MizP: Money?

Homer: Hep git these fellers over th’ top.

BB: Tell him ta' hit up George Soros er sumbody else rich.

MizP: But rite now we’s wantin’ ta' wish everbody a Blessed Thanksgivin

BB: An have a good fambly time like we’s plannin’ ta' do.

Jack: Let me add my good wishes … and we’ll see you all next week – Happy Thanksgiving!

               <> I’m Jack Buttram

 

 (END)

 

Jebco Editorial Service

www.justaminuteradio.blogspot.com

e-mail n4zhk@arrl.net

 

 

 

 

No comments: