Wednesday, November 19, 2008

HOMER GETS A WASHINGTON LETTER

            Howdy folks…

 

It’s what they call ‘hump’ day. If you think of a week like a traffic hump in a road or a rail yard… its as far from one end as the other… it’s as far away from Sunday as it is from Saturday. So how does that make you feel?  Anyway…

 

            We have an interesting situation developing at the Bait Shop and Sushi Bar on the Caroliner line in Playfair. Homer has a letter – and it’s from the office of the President – Elect Himself. So Homer’s all excited. I’m sure you’ll want to hear the program or listen in. – It’s also on the audio track link if you like to get the program that way. The main thing is the excitement.

 

            Somehow I think the main thing being the excitement has obscured some other things: For instance I heard one ‘actuality’ program in which the majority of the voters they interviewed did not know which political party claimed Mr. Obama as a member. Now that’s a pretty high confusion index especially since the campaign for the Presidency has been going on for most of two years back when the primary season was just beginning.

 

            It may sound strange to say it out loud… but I’m NOT for these campaigns that just plead for everyone to get out and vote no matter what. What I’d rather hear is vote… but vote responsibly. If you can’t do that then I don’t particularly want you messing up what the rest of us are trying to do in selecting a good and responsible, reasonable government.

 

            Oops… I’m off on another subject. Just tune in or listen to the audio track to see how excited Miz Pearlie and the rest, over Obama’s letter that came today.  Thanks for stopping by.

 

            Cordially, IN HIM

 

            Jack Buttram

 

http://www.jebcovoice.net/audio/jama11-19-08.mp3

 

http://www.jebcovoice.net/scripts/jamt11-19-08.doc

 

 

“JUST A MINUTE”

HOMER GETS A WASHINGTON LETTER

Homer: Jist a Minit – Mr. Jack, lookie here at this letter I got from the

Office of the Prezidint Elec.

MizP: Frum Mr. Obama?

Homer: Frum Prezidint – Elec Obama – an he says they want me ta' come to Washinton.

BB: Heah… lemme look at tha-ut – (pause) hit looks offishul.

MizP: Oh jist thank… I’ll know sumbody in th’ White House.

Homer: Well I ain’t there yet.

BB: Hit says here this transition spechul office ain’t there at Pennsylvania Avenue.

MizP: Course not… he ain’t been Nagurated yet…

BB: OH…

Jack: Congratulations, Homer.

MizP: How did they pick you, Homah?

Homer: I reckon they was a-listenin’ when we took th’ straw vote.

BB: An you was th’ onliest  Obama vote …

MizP: I member tha-ut.

Homer: Ah thought he needed some frens.

Jack: They say the comptition’s pretty stiff.

BB: So what’s the job they want yer foah?

Homer: Ah don’t ritely know yet.

MizP: Ah’m sure hit’s sumpin impawtint.

BB: Oh indubbitabully.

Jack: Good wishes for you, Homer.

Homer: Thankee Mr. Jack… I’ve gotta hurry.

BB: What’s the big rush.

Homer: I need a new pair of overalls.

MizP: Homer, I need ta tawk to you first.

Jack: And we’re out of time… see you next week – I’m Jack Buttram.

 

 (END)

 

Jebco Editorial Service

www.justaminuteradio.blogspot.com

e-mail n4zhk@arrl.net

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: