Monday, November 10, 2008

THE CHANGE YOU WAITED FOR -- Just A Minute Radio - 11-11-08 Tuesday...

            Howdy Folks…

 

            Getting chilly out here on the range isn’t it? More uncomfortable to sleep with your head on the saddle and lookin’ up at that ole’ Colorado sky…

 

            I dunno what comes over me – somedays I feel like a cowboy – or that I’d like to BE a cowboy… then I think what a poor rider I know I am – and how sore I’ve gotten when out of the saddle too long… and well… I just curl up with a good book. J

 

            One more time I’ll remark on how brilliant the leaves have been this fall – and still are in some places. Outside our church in the parking lot there are some maples that have achieved a most brilliant orange-yellow.  You almost have to put on sunglasses or you’ll singe your retinas. It’s just one of those FREE things God supplies for us in HIS always beautiful nature.

 

            Seems like in the those of Springtime I believe that’s the most beautiful time of the year – then the multi-hued greens of late Spring going into Summer… now Fall… and what is more beautiful than a winter snow or ice storm.  Oh oh… I hit a nerve there.  But there is beauty in every season … just like the song about ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL… I know it’s mainly referring to animals… but I make it refer to *all* of God’s creation. 

 

            Well… ‘tis late and I’m making too many typing mistakes to be efficient… I’ll probably have my pay docked… enjoy the day!

 

            Cordially, IN HIM

 

            Jack Buttram

 

http://www.jebcovoice.net/audio/jama11-11-08.mp3

 

http://www.jebcovoice.net/scripts/jamt11-11-08.doc

 

 

“JUST A MINUTE”

THE CHANGE YOU WAITED FOR

Just A Minute – Overseas there’s lots of interest in the Obama transition team, who according to newspapers in London and Belfast, say meetings are already underway with left-wing special interest lobbyists wanting to get their pet projects underway quickly, quietly and definitely under the media’s radar. When Bill Clinton’s staff did that, a backlash ensued that resulted in a new GOP majority in the House. Rahm Emanuel, the new Chief of Staff plans to dodge that – while the public is occupied with the inaugural.

In Congress leadership contests are budding like spring daffodils – the most notable clash is between John Dingell and Henry Waxman – Waxman wants Dingell’s chair... Dingell sent out staff memos telling his troops to relay any staff or lobbyist buzz they hear back to him immediately.

Executive Orders can be reversed with the stroke of the President’s pen. Two hundred or more affect off-shore drilling, prevent overseas abortions, ban embryonic stem-cell research and help keep tabs on foreign operatives within our borders.

If that’s what you voted for – it’ll soon be headed our way.

<> I’m Jack Buttram

(END)

 

 

Jebco Editorial Service

www.justaminuteradio.blogspot.com

e-mail n4zhk@arrl.net

 

 

 

 

No comments: