Tuesday, September 11, 2012

TRYING TO GET SMARTER ON LINE - Just A Minute Radio for Wednesday 120912

Now -- we’re trying something a little different today.

 

I’ve been getting some feedback that we’re not making our points very well in this blog. So in the program where trying to incubate a Little More Interest from the characters that appear here on Wednesdays.

 

Let me know what you think about the discussion at Earl and Lester’s Bakeshop and Sushi Bar on this Wednesday. Certainly we want to keep things interesting here on Wednesdays especially because that’s when all our folks from Playfair come and visit.

 

Perhaps you’re not familiar with all the characters but there is Ms. Pearl and Homer and Billy Bob. They’re pretty recognizable as characters from Playfair and friends of mine. I grew up in Virginia but my mother is from South Carolina and I was born in Virginia of South Carolina Virginia mother and an Alabama father and I married a Pennsylvania girl -- so I’m pretty well ensconced in American history at least by my parents.

 

If this paragraph seems a little stilted and awkward it’s because I’m trying to learn a new computer program which lets me translate speech into printed word. Problem is my brain doesn’t work that fast. Perhaps in a day or two or week or two more months or two it’ll catch up with what it’s supposed to look like but at least the dictation is faster than my typing usually is and that’s the difficulty I’m trying to overcome.

 

Anytime you feel like you’d like to contribute something by way of the suggestion or some changes like to hear made on just a minute please write to me and care of WMUU and will see what can be done for you. Meantime I’ll try to get used to dictating rather than typing and we’ll see if things can go better.  We appreciate always your tuning in and we appreciate any suggestions that you may have.

 

Cordially, IN HIM

 

Jack & Barbara

=========================

©120911BB#37ThingsLearned.doc

“JUST A MINUTE”

TRYING TO GET SMARTER ONLINE

Homer: Jist a Minute: Mr. Jack, I’m gittin

   mighty tired of politics.

MizP: Ah second tha-ut motion.

Jack: That seems to be in the atmosphere.

BB: I ain’t never seed grown ups tawk like

   poiticos do to one another.

Jack: I understand Mr. Bill, Miz Pearl.

Homer: Do they do tha-ut awl the time?

Jack: In the heat of campaigning, Homer, I

   would guess it’s most of the time.

MizP: Caint we do enny thang about hit?

Jack: Well, Miz Pearl since it is the political

   season we could play a quick little game

   that might change the mood of things.

MizP: Oh that’d be so nice.

Jack: I brought along some topics and you

   pick what you want to.

MizP: Oh goody kin Ah go first?

Jack: You won’t have much time to pick a

   Subject…

MizP: Oh you jist pick one fer me.

Jack: OK Guys?

GUYS: OK --- Fine by me

MizP: Here goes: Ah found out Ah shunt

   Play with Mom’s glue gun at the table.

Homer: Oh My thass an good un.

Jack: Ok Homer you want to pick or should I?

Homer: You go ahead.

Jack: OK here’s yours ---

Homer: Ah larned I shood keep my words

   Soft an tender  Ah mite have ta eat them …

Jack: How old was th writer…’

Homer: He’s 84 … older’n you Mr. Jack.

Jack: Your turn Mr Biellie..

BB: Ah’m ‘bout ta be left out….here goes.

   Ah’s learned Ah drive faster when country

   Music plays on the radio. – Age 22.

MizP; Well at’s innnerestin’—better’n politics

   Ah’d say.

Jack: and the time has just flown.

Homer: An we’ve awl larned sumpin’ I reckon.

Jack: I reckon so too Homer…. But we’ve all

  Learned something I hope…. Happy politics ‘

  I guess….. I’m Jack Buttram (END)

Jebco Editorial Service

e-mail  n4zhk@arrl.net OR  www.wmuu.com

 

No comments: