Wednesday, September 12, 2012

BEN STEIN PROPOSES A SPEECH FOR MITT ROMNEY - Just a Minute Radio for Thursday 120913

Something’s gone crazy in my computer sent box. Things are all ‘jiggered’ around and I can’t figure what’s going on – but I’ll do my best.

 

Perhaps it’s the things going on in the Middle East. Have you ever seen things get so turned inside-out so quickly. I think it does have something to do (eventually we’ll find out more or less) with Al//Quida (however ‘tis spelled) snafuing all the main lines. We’ll see when the covers get snatched off one of these days.

 

Meantime we’ll blunder along – so if you’re wondering what’s happening – that’s it. And it’ll probably continue happening.  For me… I’m just subscribing to Obama’s slogan of ‘Hope and Change’ – I’m hoping we’ll get CHANGED from him being President… -- that’s real and it’s urgent – IMO.

 

Today’s program has a portion of a speech or letter or something like that made up by Ben Stein – who once was a staffer at the Reagan White House – is a retired humorist…even tho he is still humorous – and apparently does well in economics (which I suppose is the science of having enough money to get around to where you want to be.  At least that’s what I derive from reading his columns – which for the most part are his thoughts on what he’d like to see happening – and in a modified way that’s what I’d like to see happening too.

 

Today -and this week actually-- I’ve been fooling around with this dictation program to see if I’m gonna get any better at it.  I don’t see much progress but then that’s the way I usually am. But it may be just me.

 

I’ve had a couple of the small operations done on my forehead and face getting rid of various kinds of skin cancers and the result is the got a be okay I think but in the meantime there’s a bit of misery involved so while I’m feeling miserable I think I’ll just a call it a day here on just a minute and will see what we can say about things tomorrow.

 

Progress is pretty slow and so rather than bore you with a lot of fiddling around with the computer I think I’ll just say good night and like Edward R Murrow used to say good luck.

 

Cordially, IN HIM

 

Jack

=============

© 120913BenStein’sSpeech.doc

“JUST A MINUTE”

BEN STEIN PROPOSES A SPEECH FOR MITT ROMNEY

            Just a Minute: Here’s most of a speech Ben Stein proposed Mitt Romney make when choosing to have Secretary of State Clinton meet this international outrage apologizing to the mobs:

            "Let me be clear about this: Mr. Obama is wrong. We have complete freedom of speech in this country. We do not apologize to mobs of thugs and bullies for our residents having free speech. As I take office in the next year the era of apologizing to foreign thugs and bandits for the United States of America and our freedoms is over.   "We expect governments of Egypt and Libya and others to do their duty and protect our embassies. If they can't, we will.  We will not apologize for our Constitution.”

            Israel’s Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, plead for a face to face meeting in New York or Washington  [but] Mr. Obama brushed Premier Netanyahu, aside saying his schedule did not permit it [but It turned out] Mr. Obama did have time to have a comedy interview with David Letterman.

            Mr. Romney, you didn’t make that speech but it's not too late.

            <> I’m Jack Buttram.  (END) 

             

Jebco Editorial Service

www.wmuu.com

E-mail n4zhk@arrl.net

==========================================================

 

 

 

 

No comments: