Wednesday, September 19, 2012

THE KINDS OF THINGS MIT *COULD* SAY -- Just a Minute Radio for Thursday 120920

Today has been a very heavy day and so I’m going to have to make this short.

 

For reasons unknown to me, I could hardly get any of the things I had planned to undertake done today because there were so many interruptions. So I’m just taking a bit of time at the end of the day to try and let you know what my thoughts are on the matter of Mr. Romney being photographed and surreptitiously recorded through the curtains at a fundraiser. In my view it’s a scurrilous thing to do and not that of a worthy opponent. [I’m NOT saying Mr. Obama had anything to do with it.]

 

There are a lot of things that are being changed in my specific situation and I’m having to adjust to them with more adjustments to come later – none of this involves elections or matters in that regard I’m just having to dodge around the immovable objects and the things that have to be taken care of.

 

I’ve done speechwriting for several different senators at various times in my career so it’s not exactly a foreign world to me but it’s not one I particularly have enjoyed but appreciated the need for skill in writing for the clients needs. I think Mr. Romney is an excellent speaker and certainly a talented businessman and probably is probably an excellent strategist. I just don’t consider myself someone to give him advice. However every now and then some things become fairly obvious and I just want to throw in my two cents worth for clarity.

 

Just take it for what you feel is worth, utilize it or ignore it, as the case may be and we’ll both sleep better tonight. Time dictates the available space so don’t think I’m just being cute.

 

All the best,  

Cordially, IN HIM

 

Jack

==============

© 120920WhatMittMightSay.doc

“JUST A MINUTE”

THE KINDS OF THINGS MITT COULD SAY

            Just a Minute: Mr. Romney’s had too many “coudda-woudda critics” --  ’would be’ speech-writers who’ve never  been unchained from the on-deck circle. Here are some thoughts that could be useful. For instance:   You could say:

 

            "One tragedy of the Obama Presidency is how many more Americans have become dependent on the government. I know it's not their fault. Most want to be self-sufficient, and provide for their families, but there aren't enough jobs…. Yet..!   

            "That's why 40% have been  unemployed – out of  work six months or more. It’s the smallest share of the population looking for work any time since 1981.” You could add: "This is a national scandal. Not because those fellow Americans are free-loaders, but they can’t latch on to a good enough job to be self-sufficient fulfilling their human potential.”

            People long to hear you say: "I want Americans to be less dependent on government … but  Americans need to be independent enough to realize the pride of accomplishment --  the dignity of work – to  contribute their God-given talents toward building a stronger, better country.   The success of a Presidency should be measured by how many fewer people need food stamps, …  not how many MORE need food stamps.”

            <> I’m Jack Buttram.  (END)            

Jebco Editorial Service

www.wmuu.com

E-mail n4zhk@arrl.net

==========================================================  

 

 

No comments: