Monday, September 17, 2012

CAN THIS BECOME A BENEFICIAL CONFLAGRATION -- Just a Minute Radio for Tuesday 120918

Yesterday I guess I  had been watching far too many bonfires and demonstrations in North Africa. I suppose it was mild depression from hearing so much on the TV and radio about the bad news from Libya and particularly from Benghazi.

 

The pictures from Cairo from Libya and the news of the four Americans who had been killed and Benghazi was just overwhelming. But I read an article in the Wall Street Journal’s opinion page with the headline “Amid chants of Free Libya, Terrorists Out, A nation at a crossroads”. – And  the news that Ambassador Stevens and three of his comrades had been killed --- it was just overwhelming.

 

Couple that with more pictures from Lebanon, more bad news there and also Syria – not to mention several other lesser stories and more pictures but still pictures of American flags being desecrated – it made for a terrible way to start the week.

 

However: – "There hath no temptation [testing] taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1Cor 10:13, KJV)

 

I don’t use that verse to make excuses but I’ll tell you – It’s like a life-raft in a storm. It has rescued me innumerable times when I just could not *see* my way out. He (the Lord) provides the way out.

 

That’s the way it’s going to be for those who are trusting the Lord in these puzzling and challenging situations. May I as a 80-year-old Christian who’s been in the Lord’s care since I was about 15, assure you that He never fails to come up with the solution to any problem. But it may take time. We don’t see the ‘end from the beginning as the Lord does!

 

So that’s why I feel like we will come out of these problems with the Lord’s help if we pray and trust Him!  God bless you and keep on trusting.

 

Cordially, IN HIM

 

Jack

=============

© 120918ASparkOfHope.doc

“JUST A MINUTE”

CAN THIS BECOME A BENFICIAL CONFLAGRATION?

            Just a Minute: Yesterday I was filled with despair for Libya and Egypt and other countries in turmoil. Today, I see a spark of hope with the potential to light a candle of peace in place of the present bonfires of wickedness which light the Mediterranean sky.

            Years ago I broadcast a daily program in Northern Virginia called Faith and Hope Time originated by the pastor of our family’s church. Today the piece I read in the Wall St. Journal reminded me of the powerful resources available by prayer for Christians.

        Two academic writers on Monday’s “OPINION” page wrote about  “Pro-USA” demonstrations and say the “hateful video” is a minor item in Libya --  and Americans are more loved there even than Canadians. James Pack and Andrea Khalil drew their interviews from dozens of observations in Libya and I’d suggest you read their report in the Journal.  Mr. Pack is President of Libya analysis[dot].com and Mrs. Khalil on a Fulbright Scholarship to Tunisia. We need far more balanced and alert reporting than we’re getting. These reporters tell us only “intense engagement can help restore momentum to the political transition that’s already underway.” <> I’m Jack Buttram

Jebco Editorial Service

www.wmuu.com

E-mail n4zhk@arrl.net

==========================================================

 

No comments: